Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wire wrapping....of course!

Thank you for the overwhelming and generous support.  All the pliers have officially been sponsored!  Praise God for his provision and He continues to meet EVERY need for this trip!

We are so, so excited about our trip.  The supplies we need for the training have come in and we are in the final stages of getting everything packed up.  God continues to provide for us every step of the way and we feel so blessed!  I found myself starring at our invitation letters just in awe of God.

I realized the other day (the reality is that God was probably thumping me on the head) that it would be a huge blessing if we could have the basic jewelry pliers for each of the 24 women of destiny.  By basic pliers, I mean diagonal cutters for cutting wire and needle nose pliers.  I have a handful, but certainly not enough for 24 women.  I facebooked to see if anyone had any pliers they would be willing to donate.  Once again, God provided and I had two sweet friend and my wonderful mom offer to donate the funds needed to purchase the remaining pliers.  Praise God.  So, I'm thinking good....got everything we need now.  Um.  Nope.

If you've ever heard me talking about jewelry design, I will always say that I think one of the most invaluable skills is wire wrapping.  In my opinion, it makes the difference between a quality piece of jewelry that will last and one that will quickly fall apart.  Well, God reminded me of that this morning.  I could almost here Him saying "Dawn...you are going to go all the way to Africa to teach women jewelry making skills but you aren't going to teach them the one skill that you have said is invaluable for all the years?"  Remember the V-8 commercials where they thump themselves in the head.  Ya...it kind of felt like that.

So there you have it.  I am praying for 24 round nose, perfect for wire wrapping pliers!  I can get these for $6.00 a pair.  Would you consider "sponsoring" a set of pliers?  You can't imagine what a gift and blessing it would be to present these women with a complete set of their very own jewelry making pliers.  Or maybe you can imagine it ;o)

If you feel God moving you to help, please use the donate button in the upper right hand corner of the blog and just specify "pliers" in the "add a note" area.

Thank you friends for taking time to read a crazy blog post about pliers.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment