Monday, May 28, 2012

Just a little update :oD

6:58 am I get an email from our agency gal saying "I don't know what time you guys get up, but call me as soon as you do."  You can imagine how hard my heart was racing.  I said "honey, I just got an email from Salem and we need to call her right now".  We felt like we couldn't breathe.  And then we heard the words we have been longing to hear "I got your court date this morning!"

Praise God!  We jumped up and down.  We cried.  We prayed.  We hugged.  We kept thanking God over and over.  Trent shouted "Ha!  take that satan!"  We are rejoicing.

He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.  Matthew 8:26

See, Ugandan courts close from July 15th to August 15th.  I shamefully admit that I had given up hope that we would be bringing him home this summer.  I knew when other families had filed and I knew when their court dates were.  I could do the math and the numbers weren't adding up.  At least in my time.  But God's time is not my time.  His timing is always perfect.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  Mark 11:24

Oh, I have so much to learn about my God.  So much to learn about His faithfulness.  His love.  His compassion.  So much to learn about how I can trust Him with EVERYTHING......including our beautiful Ugandan son.

I won't be sharing too many details via public blog however we will be doing either email updates or a private blog.  If you would like to receive updates, please shoot an email to ragznson@gmail.com and I will add you to the list.

Please continue to keep our family in your prayers.  We need you.

To God be the glory......ALWAYS!
Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Girrrrrlll, you know I BETTER be on that list!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete