Saturday, May 19, 2012

Creative chaos.....

One of the ways I feel closest to my Creator is when I am creating.  Really creating.  Not when I am stamping or filling orders....but when I have a blank pallet in front of me.  Or in the case of this morning....this:


Crazy right?  This is a box that I just throw all my miscellaneous beads in.  I always say I'll get them sorted and put away....but I never do.  And the box just grows.  I think this picture is probably a really good representation of my brain.  Ha!

But when the world see that, God shows me this:


I made this set from the beads in that box.  One by one, I picked those beads out of the box and literally got giddy with each one.  I think the reason I feel God so much when I create is because I know He is guiding me...guiding my hands....showing me what He wants me to see.  I also have a very difficult time with being "still".  But when I'm creating....I'm still.  And I hear Him.  And I listen so much better.

I am so thankful for this gift He has given me and how it continues to draw me closer to Him.

He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen.......  Exodus 35:35

To God be the glory.....always,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment